The Real News discusses the Obama budget, in which spending will be held flat for 5 years. Considering the growth of the American population, this could be a real issue. In addition, there is not nearly enough funding for investment in clean energy and infrastructure to account for his goals listed in the State of the Union Address. There is some speculation that he has given up far too much ground to the Republicans on the politics of the spending issue, especially considering that the Republicans created the structural deficits and that the real economic problems that we now face were due to the banking crisis.
- In Memoriam
- We’re back!
- In Today’s Pseudo-random Wiki-link: People
- Wisconsinites go to the voting booth
- In Today’s Pseudo-random Wiki-link: Oblivion
- In their own words: WikiLeaks, the U.S. Government and the American Press
- In Today’s Pseudo-Random Wiki-link: Scandals
- The Story of Stuff: Citizens United vs. FEC
- In Today’s Pseudo-random Wiki-link: Fraud
- In Today’s Pseudo-random Wiki-link: Ancient People
Top Posts & Pages
Search Previous Posts
February 2017 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
TopicsAbuse of corporate power Class Warfare Corporate media Corporate subsidies Corruption Democracy Democrats Draconian legislation Economy Education Environment Features Headlines Human Rights Media Middle East People Plutocracy Politics Pseudo-random Wiki-link Republicans Right-wing lies Science Scott Walker Tea Party U.S. Unions Wisconsin Worker's rights World