As hundreds of thousands of workers protest around the world and within the United States today, we should remember what the labor movement has brought to life in many places: Vacation time, benefits, increasing salaries, pensions, transparency in government and political clout for the middle class. None of these rights came easily as the image here shows and each of these rights are currently under assault. Within the United States, the battle lines are drawn through every state that is controlled by the Tea Party, who would like to undo 100 years of progress and literally return us to the world of child labor. Good luck, everyone, as your protests get underway!
- In Memoriam
- We’re back!
- In Today’s Pseudo-random Wiki-link: People
- Wisconsinites go to the voting booth
- In Today’s Pseudo-random Wiki-link: Oblivion
- In their own words: WikiLeaks, the U.S. Government and the American Press
- In Today’s Pseudo-Random Wiki-link: Scandals
- The Story of Stuff: Citizens United vs. FEC
- In Today’s Pseudo-random Wiki-link: Fraud
- In Today’s Pseudo-random Wiki-link: Ancient People
Top Posts & Pages
Search Previous Posts
TopicsAbuse of corporate power Class Warfare Corporate media Corporate subsidies Corruption Democracy Democrats Draconian legislation Economy Education Environment Features Headlines Human Rights Media Middle East People Plutocracy Politics Pseudo-random Wiki-link Republicans Right-wing lies Science Scott Walker Tea Party U.S. Unions Wisconsin Worker's rights World